Samoëns is very accessible, with easy transport links by air, road or train. Click the map for location plus some of our favourite places.
- Geneva International Airport (GVA) is only 50 mins from Samoëns.
- There are frequent flights from UK airports – on Easyjet, Swiss Air and British Airways.
- Chambery Airport (CMF) and Lyon Airport (LYS) are two hours from Samoëns.
From Geneva International Airport
- Hire a car (vehicle must be French registered, but can book from the Swiss side or French vehicle hire companies)
- Gomassif.com operate shared or private transfers costing from about €80 return per person.
- There are scheduled bus services to Samoëns with www.altibus.com, costing about €63 return per person. However the schedule is limited.
Alternatively, try www.powdercab.com +33 (0) 672 99 19 48
- Taxi or a private transfer Taxi du Grand Massif + 33 (0) 50 34 90 90
€38 per adult (minimum of 2 persons).
- www.sncf.com +33 (0) 8 92 35 35 35
- There are regular high speed trains from Geneva to Cluses Railway station – St Gervais/Le Fayet line (which is 17km from Samoëns).
- From there, buses are available to Samoëns, at a cost of approximately €16.20 return. Alternatively, a taxi journey from Cluses to Samoëns would be approximately €50.
- Another option is to travel on a TGV from Annecy to Cluses, then to Samoëns using the above modes of transport.
- Samoëns is about nine hours from Calais by toll road all the way to Cluses. The Sanef Liber-t tag allows you to quickly and easily drive through the télépéage
- Exit the A40 at Junction 18, signposted Cluses
- Then just 20 minutes up the hill into the Giffre Valley leading to Samoëns.
Getting to the apartment
The apartment is located on the outskirts of Samoëns on the Lagrange Vacances – Les Fermes de Samoëns site, just a short walk 700m to the town centre. Precise directions and arrival instructions will be sent to you before your arrival.